Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Transition

Today is a day of transition for me and my church.  Today, our pastor of 6 years and who has been with the church for 10 is moving to a new position as pastor of a larger church 30 minutes north of Williamstown.  Chris Morgan was our pastor and he does such a fantastic job that I'm sure he will succeed at there.  I won't go on with a tribute because should he see this post, he would be embarrassed, but let's just say that I have never seen a person so knowledgeable and who brings in his humanity about the word of God than Chris has.  

Since Chris is moving, our church is receiving Bruce Hiner, whose previous postion was pastor at a church in Cannonsburg, Kentucky.  I haven't met Bruce as of this posting, but I feel he will do a great job and that our church will welcome him with open arms.  For Jesus is the head of the church, and we worship him, not the pastor.  Every person has a different style of how to do things, and I'm sure Bruce will have his own way of doing things.  I plan on welcoming Bruce to Williamstown and look forward to hearing God's message from him.

1 comment:

John said...

It's a pity that Chris doesn't blog anymore. I remember that he wrote the single best post from the entire Methoblogosphere on the Beth Stroud affair.