Saturday, June 16, 2007

Inspired Poetry

One of things I like to do is write poetry.  I admit freely that it has been awhile since I wrote a poem, over a year I would guess.  After I accepted Christ, I was inspired to write.  It was like the words were given to me.  Other than an edit or two, the words came out like this:

Declaration

It’s not paint by numbers
as I write your praises Lord.
With a master’s guidance,
You have filled my empty canvas.

Before I accepted you,
despair enveloped my soul,
doubt blinded my eyes,
and I fell into the darkening abyss.

You saw me,
tortured and haunted
above deception’s deepening pit
and gave me your hand.
Your love lifted me to salvation,
my heart now beats with joy,
my sight, restored with trust.

Use me Lord as your servant.
I shall do what you expect,
just guide me along the way.
Thank you God, for everything
from the miraculous to the mundane
as I walk this path with you.

Mark Manis
© 2007

No comments: