Saturday, August 11, 2007

Busy Time

First, an update on Thumper. She is still with us. She has a hard time holding up her head, so she bumps into things, but she is still eating okay and her bodily functions are fine. We had a scare when a bump on her head released some blood, but the vet said that is normal considering how big her tumor is. We are just taking one day at a time with her.

I have been very busy with getting ready for the new school year. School starts here on Monday and I'm anxious in a nervous way.  I've been at school all week between trainings and getting our store ready, I managed to get the room ready as best as possible. No matter how much work I do, I never feel that I am ready. The regular ed. teachers have been busy trying to create units based on new guidelines and they feel like they're unprepared as well.

Not only is school keeping me busy, I've been making revisions for our project with the local newspaper and we got paid for it! Yea! Our side business did the graphic design for a supplement that will be coming out in a few weeks that deals with teenage suicide prevention. The paper gave us the information and basically, we put it together with graphics. I can't wait for it come out so I can see what it looks like on paper.

On the book front, I sold 28 books at the church and they are being shipped to me. The youth group will be getting $100 once I get all the money from the customers. I will be selling the book to faculty at my school in a couple of weeks, so it should be interesting how it will do.

No comments: