Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Reading the Bible in a Year:Part 1

Becky and I have decided to try and read the Bible in 365 days with the of the The Grand Sweep series.  Each day, you read a certain number of chapters in the Bible and answer questions about what you read.  I won't blog about this every day, but I will pick out a selection.  Today I will start at the beginning with Genesis 1.  The question that was asked was:
How will my attitude toward the environment be affected if I seriously believe in God as 
Creator?


My answer is: I consider every living thing and the land itself a miracle in itself, created by God.  He is the maker of all things and all things that he creates are miracles in my eyes.  

I do try to be aware of the environment wherever I can.  I'm always in awe of the beauty of nature and all the creatures God has created.  I don't like it when I see trash on the side of a road or people dumping into lakes and streams.  You would think people would be more considerate and consider who created those things we take for granted.  I'm not an environmentalist, but I do have respect what we have been given.  

No comments: